Regional Security Co-ordinator
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Co-ordinator
Location: Asaba, Delta
Job Type: Permanent
- Supervise security operatives to ensure business offices are unattractive to criminals.
- Liaise with law enforcement agents and guards service providers for deployment of quality/well trained officers to business offices.
- Investigate security breaches in business offices.
- Supervise all physical security functions including armed police officers and security guards in branches
Management and implementation of security policy standard, guidelines and procedures:.
- Deploy armed police officers and guards in all business offices.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies in the region.
- Vet guards before deployment to business offices.
- Timely report of security breaches, incidents and investigations.
- Periodic security threat analysis report on bank security trends.
- Enforce access control measures in business offices.
- Participate in and represent the bank at Lagos State Safety Commission, Federal & State Fire Services, LASEMA and other regulatory agencies.
- Support the development and implementation of OHS policies and procedures.
- Lead incident investigations, review and analyse occupational health and safety incidents to avoid reoccurrence.
- Advice and support management through incidents trend analysis with a robust incident investigation recommendation action tracker for close out of corrective actions
Management of a well-structured security network for the region:
- Maintain cordial relationship with both Federal and State Law Enforcement Agencies and other related agencies.
- Interface between the security department of Head Office and the Regional Banks on security matters.
- Timely deployment armed police officers to areas of need.
- Regularly sensitize staff and security operatives on security matters.
- Training and retraining of guards to meet bank security requirements.
- Investigate security breaches and proffering solution to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepare and present to Head Office daily, weekly, monthly situation reports and periodic threat analysis in the region.
Provision of a well-secured environment for business activities to thrive:
- Maintain round the clock security surveillance in all business offices.
- Timely replacement of erring police officers and guards.
- Provision of adequate security for customers’ properties within the bank premises.
- Creation of security awareness within the bank environment.
Deployment of security personnel to business offices:
- Ensure only trained and experienced guards force are deployed to protect the business offices.
- Ensure police officers deployed to the bank are armed with rifles.
- Ensure only able and agile guards are deployed to protect the bank’s assets.
- Prevent crimes within and around business premises
- Maintain cordial relationship with service providers.
- Get information/intelligence to assist in maintaining a secured business environment.
- Ensure the right physical security apparatus are in place in all business offices.
- Ensure compliance to security standard policies and procedures.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- 10 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have a service mind-set with strong leadership and supervisory skills. He/she must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in any of the armed forces, NPF or DSS and a member of a recognized security professional body.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Banking organizational Structure
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation
- Leadership & supervisory skills
- Customer service
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2022.